Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Monday, August 25, 2014

Crocheted Bicycles, Gold and Strawberry Ripes

Hello lovely Maddabling readers! The weekend is now over and tonight I share with you Crocheted Bicycles, Gold and Strawberry Ripes.Happy Reading x♥o
Crocheted Bicycles
The Purly Queens are at it again with a new community artwork called "Tour De Fleece"
As if by magic, crocheted bicycles have materialised in the CBD of Albany. 
The message behind this installation is to promote a Cyclist Friendly strategy for Albany. 
If you are in town, look out for these brightly coloured works of art - big love! 
 
Gold
This song caught my attention early this morning, especially the creative skating. I know how hard some of these moves must be to pull off - practice makes perfect they say! I hope you enjoy the official music video for Gold, taken from Chet Faker's debut album 'Built On Glass'. 
Strawberry Ripe Balls 
I am developing an addiction experimenting with raw food balls, they are quick to make, easy to eat and you can stash them in the freezer to pull out when you need a sweet fix.This recipe is from Jane and Nic of http://www.marinyacottagekitchen.com/ Check out their fab blog for yourself. I would love experiment with a variation on these, incorporating some dates and dried sour cherries, watch this space! Note - I used almonds in this recipe, and just blitzed them in the food processor.
this photo is credited to Jane and Nic of http://www.marinyacottagekitchen.com/
Strawberry Ripe Balls
Ingredients:
2 cups Descicated Coconut + Extra for rolling
1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds (plain almonds can also be used if allergies aren't an issue)
250 grams fresh strawberries or 1 cup of frozen raspberries or blueberries
1 or 2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup
2 tablespoons of Raw Cocao or carob
2 tablespoons Cocao nibs (optional)

Method:
Place Pumpkin Seeds in a coffee grinder or food processor and grind until fine. Add all of the other ingredients and blend until combined. If the mixture is a little too wet, add some more coconut. Roll into balls before rolling in extra coconut. Refrigerate to firm up. 


Tip: I added in the cacao nibs at the very last minute only blitzing them for a really short time so they still had some crunch :) 

Readers, I hope you enjoyed Crocheted Bicycles, Gold and Strawberry Ripes. See you on Wednesday for a new edition of Wednesday Wishes x

1 comment:

  1. Don't they look great. Even got on the ABC news! Sure brightens up the street

    ReplyDelete