Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Sunday, July 27, 2014

National Tree Day, Thrift Shops and Cacao Bliss Balls

Hello readers, did you have a good weekend? I did, achieving most of the things I set out to complete, topped off with a great social skate this afternoon :) Back to business now, today I share with you all National Tree Day, Thrift Shops and Cacao Bliss Balls. Happy Reading ♥ 
National Tree Day
Today marked National Tree Day. National Tree Day is the largest community tree planting and nature care event in Australia. More info can be found here http://treeday.planetark.org/). 

The Purly Queens of Albany marked this occasion by added some knitted colour to Alison Hartman Gardens. I just love public art, don't you? 
note: images are from http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/
Thrift Shops
We have a thrift shop dress up party to go to soon, and I reckon I managed to put together a "relatively" well matched outfit. There is the Thrift Shop coat, the Dark Brown corduroy pants, the Italian leather ankle boots, an unused red leather bag, vintage pale blue beads and an interesting striped top. 
 
If thrift shop sifting is not your thing, but you love the vintage spoils, check out the new Etsy Store - OpShopWin that my friend Natalie has opened. 
Natalie says this about her Etsy shop: 
"I am a rampant op shopper (thrift store to those in the USA)
Love vintage clothing and love recycling fashion" 
You can keep an eye on all the new arrivals at OpShopWin here:
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OpShopWin
Cacao Bliss Balls 
I read this recipe in a glossy magazine at the hairdressers and I can't wait to try it. I didn't have all of the ingredients in my pantry this weekend but am very keen to make it during the coming week. 

Cacao Bliss Balls 
Ingredients: 
1 cup whole organic walnuts 
1 cup whole whole organic almonds 
2 tbsp organic coconut oil 
1 tbsp organic honey 
12 organic dates
2 tbsp organic raw cacao powder 
Organic dessicated coconut to decorate 

Method: 
Blend all ingredients except for the coconut oil.

Heat coconut oil on the stove over low heat.

Add melted coconut oil to mix and blend again. The mixture should be tacky and moist. 

Roll into bite sized balls and coat in dessicated coconut/raw cacao powder, then refrigerate for two hours.

Readers, I hope you enjoyed reading all about National Tree Day, Thrift Shops and Cacao Bliss Balls. See you all on Wednesday for a new edition of Wednesday Wishes xo♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment