Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Sunday, July 20, 2014

It's a wild, wild life, Fabulous Fungi Studies and Strawberry + Ginger Pudding

Hello lovely Maddabling readers, I hope you had the most wonderful weekend. We certainly did. You simply wouldn't believe that we are in the middle of winter on the South Coast. Tonight I share with you "It's a wild, wild life, Fabulous Fungi Studies and Strawberry + Ginger Pudding." Happy Reading xo♥
It's a wild, wild life
While out enjoying the winter sunshine on the weekend we saw more wildlife than you can poke a stick at! Literally. At a beach fishing trip we saw 4 separate pods of dolphins surfing the waves 
 and just cruising on by in their own time.

We didn't catch any fish but we did see a Humpback Whale Mother and Calf in the sheltered shallows, such an amazing experience to watch them glide on by.

We saw more whales today but not close enough to photograph.
Spied our first orchid of the season too. A Rattlebeak Orchid 
I believe.
Then, towards the end of our walk we saw a rather large tiger snake enjoying the sun. He wasn't too bothered by us, preferring to bask in the warmth of the day. A truly amazing creature, I have never been this close to a real live snake and won't ever push the boundary by trying to get closer! All in all, it was a weekend spent bonding with nature. 
Fabulous Fungi Studies 
I think Fungi is fabulous. So many alien forms, this is a small collection of close up Fungi photos taken over the weekend.
The colours, textures and forms just fascinate me, so many different shades of colour, they are just so tiny and delicate.
Strawberry + Ginger Pudding
I had a punnet of strawberries to use up and searched for a different kind of recipe. I found it! A Strawberry + Ginger Pudding. Yummy! Easy to make and even easier to eat. Try it for yourself :) You can see the original recipe here:
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/26877/strawberry+ginger+pudding
Strawberry + Ginger Pudding
Ingredients:

Melted butter, to grease
190g (1 1/4 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
80g butter, melted, cooled
160ml (2/3 cup) milk
1 egg
1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
250g punnet strawberries, washed, hulled, quartered
250ml (1 cup) ginger beer
2 tablespoons honey

Method: 
Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a 2L (8-cup) capacity baking dish with melted butter.

Combine flour and 100g (1/2 cup) of sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk in the butter, milk, egg and ginger until smooth. Stir in strawberry until just combined. Spread over the base of the prepared dish.

Heat the ginger beer and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat until the honey dissolves. Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the surface of the pudding mixture. Gradually pour the warm ginger beer mixture evenly over the top. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted halfway into the centre comes out clean.

Dear readers, I hope you enjoyed "It's a wild, wild life, Fabulous Fungi Studies and Strawberry + Ginger Pudding." 
See you all on Wednesday for a new edition of Wednesday Wishes x

No comments:

Post a Comment