Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Monday, February 17, 2014

Love is all you Need, Rock Pools + Horizontal Waterfalls and Baked Camembert

Hello readers, welcome to a new weekend blog post. I hope your collective weeks have started well. Tonight I share with you Love is all you Need, Rock Pools + Horizontal Waterfalls and Baked Camembert
Happy Reading xo♥
Love is all you Need
Valentines Day isn't for everyone. We decided this year to have a nice dinner at home instead of buying into the hype. No flowers or gifts we said, just the company of each other. A single red rose given to me at the dinner table was a special surprise for me, such a simple and unexpected gesture ♥  Who said romance was dead? ♥
Rock Pools + Horizontal Waterfalls
We got up super early on Sunday morning, packed a thermos of coffee and fresh baked banana bread and set off for Anvil Beach to see it at low tide. When we arrived, we spotted a large pod of dolphins surfing the waves and working their way along the outer reef. We walked around through the rocks to the second part of the beach and what we found was simply amazing.
Rock Pools and Horizontal Waterfalls on the exposed reef as far as the eye could see. A myriad of seaweeds in all shapes and colours and so many birds, tiny fish and rock crabs!  
I could watch the horizontal waterfalls of water flowing in over the exposed reef for hours on end, there is something quite hypnotic about the ebb and flow of the tides. 
I think these seabirds may agree with me there, they seem to enjoy it too.
Baked Camembert 
"prepared and ready to bake in the oven"
I tried a new recipe, something a little decadent, to have as part of our Valentines Day dinner. Baked Camembert with Honey and Thyme. It was so delicious. I used a good quality local Camembert and local raw unprocessed honey. We found the Thyme sprigs caramelised beautifully. 
You can find the original recipe here: http://www.aww.com.au/food/recipes/2007/8/baked-camembert-cheese/
Baked Camembert
Serving size: Serves 4-6
INGREDIENTS 
200g whole camembert or brie 
1 garlic clove sliced thinly 
½ bunch fresh thyme leaves 
1 tablespoon honey 
crusty French bread to serve 

METHOD 
Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced) and remove wrapping from cheese. 
Score cheese all over with a small sharp knife.
Place whole cheese in a lightly greased baking dish or on baking paper in a small baking dish.
Push garlic slivers into cheese. 
Scatter thyme and honey over top of cheese.
Bake in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes or until cheese has softened and honey has caramelised slightly. Serve immediately with fingers of crusty bread.
*cooks tip - if you use baking paper method, you can slide the camembert and melted honey onto the serving plate, the warmed honey adds a whole new dimension to the dish. 
Lovely readers, that concludes Love is all you Need, Rock Pools + Horizontal Waterfalls and Baked Camembert. Thank you for stopping by to read my blog, it is so nice to hear from my readers - see you on Wednesday for a new Wednesday Wishes blog post xo♥   

No comments:

Post a Comment