Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Monday, December 2, 2013

It Feels Like Summer Street

Hello Maddabling readers, this weekend blog post is a little tardy I know, and there is no recipe to share this week. Summer Street was held from Thursday to Sunday and Maddabling was lucky enough to have been involved in this beautiful creative coming together of local makers and suppliers of antiques and collectibles. 
Summer Street is a boutique pop up makers event held but once a year. Here are some of the fabulous souls that attended this year! 

Meet Nazzy Beads - local maker of fine Hand Crafted Italian Glass beads, glass hand crafted + melted by Naomi Calleja. Naomi creates a variety of Hand Crafted jewellery, cutlery ,loose beads and focals. No one bead is alike and her designs are constantly changing.
Then we have Joanne of Antique Linen and Collectibles. Joanne strives to supply the discerning buying with lovely vintage and antique items.
Next is Textiles by Carol - a local sewing enthusiast who makes darling toys and beautiful bags + quilts and lots of other gorgeous things! 
Julia of Jules Jewels creates beautiful beaded jewellery, I snavelled one of her divine gemstone bracelets this year and gave it a forever home! 
A new comer to Summer Street this year was South Coast WoodWorks Gallery- stunning and exquisite creations loving carved and made from wood.The mission of South Coast WoodWords Gallery is to design, manufacture and display Australia's finest small wood products and this gallery is recognised as one of the finest in Australia; featuring unique works from nationally and internationally renowned local craftspeople. 
Adelle of DEL-icious Designz was also in attendence with an array of pretty fabric bunting, crocheted creations and the cutest character hats! 
Leanne of Le-Papier was another of the newcomers to Summer Street this year, Leanne makes lovely cards, prints and other creative things 
I must confess I gave a Le-Papier print a new forever home - I am sure I have mentioned before on this blog how much I love owls? "Owl Magic" will now hang proudly in our home. 
In fact, the plan is to hang "Owl Magic" next to our Sue Codee - This Paper Cut Life art piece purchased at last years Summer Street. Sue Codee - This Paper Cut Life was another of the fantastic creatives involved in Summer Street this year! 
I must not forget to mention Judy - creator and artist, and the driving force behind Summer Street. 
Steampunkery Sculpture and Fine Fish Art is her passion.
Oh and Maddabling of course was there too. 
Summer Street Fair beautifully summed up the event by saying: 
"Summer Street would like to thank all the makers who made the market such a huge success this year. Also the spouses, partners, parents, friends and offspring who helped by selling, carting, lugging, stacking, packing and provisioning the creatives." 

So much goes into organising an event like this and the local creatives are eternally grateful! See you all on Wednesday for a new Wednesday Wishes blog post xo♥

No comments:

Post a Comment