Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Wilderness and Wildflowers, Breakfast and Art.

Hello readers, I hope you had a fantastic weekend. Ours was filled with good things, mainly Wilderness and Wildflowers, Breakfast and Art. There is no recipe to share this week, I simply ran out of time! I hope you enjoy reading this blog post. 

Wilderness and Wildflowers 
The Walking Naturally in Albany book promised that walk no. 1 - Sharp Point Coastal Trail would be an easy 20 minute walk of around 500 metres. Which is was. Although, if you really stop to appreciate everything that is around you it will take longer. The views are stunning from every angle...
This is the view from the left 
 
straight ahead
and to the right. 
 
Oh and did I mention the view behind us? 
We saw wildflowers in full bloom, both at Sharp Point and Whalers Cove (Fisheries Beach). 
            Donkey Orchid, Torndirrup National Park      Cockies's Tongues, Torndirrup National Park 

If our Winter Weather allows it, we are planning another walk next weekend. I am sure our beaches and coastline are the most beautiful in the land! Or perhaps I am just predjudiced. Maybe you can be the judge of that! 
Whalers Cove (Fisheries Beach)
Mistaken Island / Goode Beach
Breakfast and Art
We decided today to indulge in a lazy Sunday Breakfast at Vancouver Cafe and Store.  I totally loved the "fresh" table decorations in cute silver buckets. 
And we both very much enjoyed the Turkish Rolls filled with eggs, bacon, fetta, fresh tomato and spinach, topped off with an onion jam! I must confess, I meant to take a photo before I had consumed half of the turkish roll, but a photo of half is better than a photo of none right? The coffee was pretty fab too. We had to restrain ourselves from ordering a second cup.
There is lots of local art to see at Vancouver Cafè and Store, we chose a few greeting cards to bring home and frame, to add to our ever growing collection. These gorgeous creations are from Tracey Margetts - aka Miss T Artworks.

You can connect with her on facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/traceymiss.t
Clockwise from top Right we have Wuthering Heights, Little Miss Muffet 1 and Little Jack Horner. We both agreed on these three cards (although I would have happily brought any of them home) and are very happy to be giving them a loving home. There are a few other artists who have work displayed and for sale, why not check it out for yourself?

Dear readers, that concludes the Sunday blog post "Wilderness and Wildflowers, Breakfast and Art." I do love sharing my adventures with you all. See you on Wednesday for the next edition of Wednesday Wishes xox 

1 comment: