Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Monday, July 8, 2013

Winter Wandering Weekend

Hi lovely Maddabling readers, I am sorry there is no recipe this week.....Maddabling escaped with some loved ones for a Winter Wandering Weekend. We had been planning a weekend away at Cloud Nine Spa Chalets for months now - you really must check out their website at http://www.cloudninespachalets.com.au/ for yourselves. I promise you that Stan and Shelley really truly are the best hosts ever!

This was the gorgeous chalet we stayed in called "Eden" 
which comes complete with a hot-tub and sauna in an indoor outdoor room with blissful mountain views. Not to mention the added bonus of no suburban noises! There is also a bird feeder right out front for you to observe many different species of birdlife! 
Speaking of wildlife, there are so many creatures to look for including kangaroos like this fine fellow with such striking markings
add in a few friendly farm animals like the beautiful bovine Schnitzel
and a very handsome rooster
throw in a beautiful sunrise or two and...... 
you have the Zaraephath vineyard right next door! What more could one want?
There are salt lakes a short drive away in the Chillinup Nature Reserve
and I promise that they actually do look pink in the right light 
there are ancient mountains in the Porongurup Ranges to explore
some of the trees so big you can't stretch your arms around them!
If you persevere to the top you will be rewarded with outstanding views 
and if you walk quietly, you may spot a friendly bandicoot or two during your mountain trek !  
So as you can see, the blog post is late for good reason - I hope you enjoyed these snaps and I will see you all on Wednesday for a new edition of Wednesday Wishes xo

No comments:

Post a Comment