Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Art in the Park 2013

Hey lovely Maddabling blog readers, I hope you are having the most excellent weekend. I want to share with you another of the fine exhibitions we had the pleasure to visit over the Easter weekend. It was a beautiful clear Autumn day, the perfect opportunity to go for a drive through the countryside, and to meander through Art in the Park. 
Art in the Park is set in the day use area of Castle Rock, in the ancient Porongurup National Park. There were lots of sculptures to discover and admire. 

I particulary loved these entries from the Youth Section - Ebony Taylor with her "Lasting Lilies' made from recyc. plastic and wire 
and Kieran Taylor with his "There was a redback on the toilet seat" made from Recycled Metal and Plastic.
Here are some other pieces that caught my attention, how amazing are they?
There was even several thoughtfully placed "park benches" to sit on and enjoy the surroundings from. 
This fellow was spotted on the way back to the carpark and posed long enough for a happy snap. 
We really did see some lovely scenery on the drive, picture perfect in fact. 
A small indulgence on the way home with a stop at the Porogurup Shop and Tearooms, such a gorgeous spot to sit and have a coffee. 
Well, coffee and a delicious devonshire tea complete with lashings of apricot jam and cream AND still warm scones. Oh my! 
All in all it was a perfect way to spend the day and enjoy everything our corner of the world has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment