Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday Friends - DUSTy Divas - Domum Vindemia

Welcome to Friday dear readers, what a week it has been ! Maddabling has (almost) successfully beaten a winter lurgy and the dull day has been made a little brighter by winter sunshine streaming through the windows ! Still the whales on the coast walk here have remained distant and somewhat elusive, I am dearly hoping to get some snaps to share with you soon. This week I want you to meet a fabulous DUSTy Diva, the amazing Deb of TwoCheekyMonkeys and Domum Vindemia. I have had the pleasure of "knowing" Deb through the DUST team for a number of years now :) 

Deb makes gorgeous upcycled chic homewares from beautiful things, making old things new again. Stylish and practical, perfect for your modern yet vintage styled home. Deb makes ooak and limited edition homewares and kitchenwares. Check out some of the lovely things I found when browsing through Domum Vindemia. 
Dear Readers, I now invite you to indulge in some vintage glam homewares and to read the Domum Vindemia Diaries. Take care and have a fabulous weekend xo
The Domum Vindemia Diaries 

Who is DomumVindemia ?
Domum Vindemia is a one woman operation run in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne and supported by my loyal family and friends.  The name is Latin and means "vintage home" and was chosen because I thought it was appropriate and I like names that are a little different.
How and When did your handmade/artistic journey begin ?
My mum studied a lot of art and handcrafts when she was at school and, along with my dad who was adept at sketching and fancy handwritten fonts, instilled in me a love of creating from a young age.  However, it wasn't until my own daughters were born, and I found it difficult to find part-time work, that I had the time to return to my love of creating.  My close family and friends encouraged me to try selling my handmade creations and I opened the virtual doors of my first business, Two Cheeky Monkeys, in 2009 and then opened Domum Vindemia two years later.
What inspires you ?
I am inspired by the wonderful supplies with which I work, retro and vintage designs and beautiful flower gardens. 
What mediums do you work with - do you have a favourite ?
I work with several mediums, but sewing and jewellery-making are two of my favourites. I especially love sewing, which my mum taught me to do when I was just four or five years old.

What kind of things do you make/create ?
I create homewares, such as cake stands and buntings, as well as scarves upcycled from vintage and/or orphaned pieces of linen and crockery.  
Do you have a favourite piece that you have made/created ?
I love the Eleanor cupcake stand (http://www.etsy.com/listing/102106017/eleanor-cake-stand-upcycled-vintage) for the beautiful colours and design of the vintage teaplate 
and I also love the Charity bunting (http://www.madeit.com.au/detail.asp?id=562147) because there is just something very cute about ric rac!
What are your future plans/dreams/aspirations ?
I would love to grow Domum Vindemia to the stage where I am regularly creating buntings and cupcake stands custom orders for customers to use as party favours or decorations at their celebrations.  For the near futue, I am working to have Domum Vindemia creations featured in various online and print magazines.
Dear readers - do you want to see more ? Here is how you can connect with DomumVindemia 
Buy lovely things from the online stores at Etsy http://DomumVindemia.etsy.com and 
Madeit : http://madeit.com.au/DomumVindemia
Read the DomumVindemia Blog here:http://twocheekymonkeysdesigns.blogspot.com

and become a facebook follower here:http://facebook.com/DomumVindemia

2 comments:

  1. wonderful creations Deborah! i LOVE seeing things upcycled and given new life - keep up the wonderful work! x

    ReplyDelete