Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Friends - West Australian Etsy Artists - Bruce Loves You

Image of Supernatural 4x13 - After School Special

Hi there readers - what a short week for West Australians with Monday being a public holiday. Why are short working weeks always seemingly busier - is it because we fit five days worth of work into four ? That's my grumble over...... have you got wonderful things planned for the weekend ? I am hoping to do some more listings on Etsy. Ooh and while I remember, a quick shout out for DUST Team Members - don't forget to go to dustteam.com to lodge your votes for the DUST Team Awards 2012. The next DUST Team Craft Swap sign-up thread has been opened over on the dustteam.com forum too - if you want to check it out !

This week I am thrilled to introduce a new Friday Friend - the lovely Olivia - a fellow West Australian and Etsy seller from Bruce Loves You !


I was quite taken with the seemingly simple and bold bright designs (knowing a little of how graphic design works I know that these designs are anything but simple) that encapsulate the essence of geek and popular culture. Olivia I feel has managed to figuratively "bottle it and sell it" ! OK now for my favourite bit of presenting the Friday Friend blog post. Some favourite picks to share with you from Bruce Loves You !

Who loves a hero ? Meet the handsome Captain America in this striking poster ! Perfect for a teenage boys room, timeless in design. Or a grown-ups room too for that matter ;)

Image of Captain America Poster
Captain America Poster
Is Harry Potter more your style ? You simply can't go past these ubercool Dark Mark Temporary Tattoos !
Temporary Dark Mark Tattoos
Temporary Dark Mark Tattoos
Or perhaps your thing is the good doctor - Who I hear you ask ? Sorry readers, I couldn't resist the pun - personally though David Tennant is still my fave Dr Who of all time.

Image of Jammy Dodger Poster
Jammy Dodger Poster
Lovely Maddabling readers, time to unleash your inner geek and turn the virtual pages of the Bruce Loves You Comic Strip ! See you on Wednesday for a new set of Wednesday Wishes - have a fabulous weekend xo

Bruce Loves You Comic Strip

Who is Bruce loves you ?
My name is Olivia. I'm a graphic designer based in Perth, WA. I design magazines for my day job, volunteer at Random Acts ( therandomact.org ) as their Creative Arts Manager, and sell geeky designs online ;)
Image of Supernatural 5x04 - The End
I started selling my designs online to raise money to help rebuild Haiti, and from when I started about 1 year ago, I've raised well over $5000 for a few different charities through my shops.

What inspires you ?
Definitely pop culture. The movies and TV shows I watch and the music I listen to!

Image of Ogden's Firewhiskey Poster

What mediums do you work with - do you have a favourite ?
Mostly digital. I love working with typography and vectors.


Image of Doctor Who Small Prints

What kind of things do you make/create ?
Posters, cards, Badges mostly within the Doctor Who, Supernatural and Harry Potter fandom.
Image of 10th Doctor Who Button Badge set

Do you have a favourite piece that you have made/created ?
My favourite would have to be the Supernatural posters. I designed them for my own benefit, but Supernatural fans loved them so much I ended up selling them.The profits were donated to Hope to Haiti, Red Cross Australia and UNICEF.

Image of Supernatural 5x22 - Swan Song

What are your future plans,dreams,aspirations ?
I've booked a stall at the Melbourne Supanova convention, which is a pop culture convention. I've been preparing like crazy at the moment for that. I'm hoping to do much more hand printed works in the very near future.

Image of Supernatural 1x02 - Wendigo

Want to get your hands on some of this wonderful Bruce Loves You geeky goodness ?

You can connect here :

Buy cool geeky stuff at the online store here : http://www.brucelovesyou.com/

or on Etsy here : http://etsy.com/shop/brucelovesyou

2 comments:

  1. Love it all. What a wonderful new find Samara

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much artistic talent in WA. Love the design work. Thanks for sharing, Samara!!!

    ReplyDelete