Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday Friends - Australian Artisans - Art by Jen G

Welcome dear readers to another edition of Friday Friends. What an exciting week it has been here. I received an amazing craft swap parcel from Tess over at planettreasures (which I will blog about over the weekend) and yesterday we had a thunderstorm and torrential downpour that led to some localised flooding, the force of mother nature sometimes is nothing short of awesome ! I will share some photos on the Maddabling blog over the weekend.
Now back to today's blog post. This week it is my great pleasure to introduce a dear Friday Friend and an amazing Aussie and Glass Artisan - Jen from Art by JenG.

Art by Jen G

I was lucky enough to win a giveaway on Jen's facebook page a while back now and was given the sweetest glass Cupcake Necklace - a guilt free cupcake - no calories in this one tee-hee !


I find that a big part of researching the artists I feature, is the fun I have discovering the wonderful things they have created. I was particulary taken by the lovely sentiment on this Ceramic Decorative Tile


and the gorgeous colours in this stunning sterling silver and bead ring, so summery and bright.


And with the Festive Season almost here, Jen's Nativity Sets would make a perfect addition to your festive home decor - they come with their own storage box for safe keeping and you can use and treasure these for many years to come, it could even be passed from generation to generation perhaps ! The stable is approx 12cm high and the figures approx 5cm high.



And speaking of gift giving, for the creative person in your life, or someone that you know who is just wanting to do something different, or to overcome school holiday boredom, why not look into Jen's creative classes ?

My Glass class is simply - Making Your Own Glass Beads which gives the Beader a chances to take their Jewllery Making to the Next Level.

My Ceramics classes are also a chance for you to be in control of colour and design.

I have PAINT Ceramic class, where you choose from painting an Art Platter, a Child's Plate, a Tile, Beads or Buttons.


My PAINT and MAKE Ceramic Jewellery Class is also designed for you to take your work to the Next Level in creativity.

There is even a Unique PARTY class. Perhaps for a child to an adult group of friends to share.

And a MAKE and PAINT Ceramic class where you will make something from scratch and learn the whole Ceramic process.  

Jen also says this about her classes : Male and female of any age are welcomed and NO artistic ability necessary! Just come along and have FUN. Better still, bring a friend and share the experience.

Dear readers, I think it's time now to put on the kettle and brew a cuppa, indulge in the Vitreous Lustre  of Art by Jen G.  


The Vitreous Lustre of Art by Jen G.

Hi I’m Jen, and I’m a Ceramic and Glass Artisan, privileged to live in the picturesque Adelaide Hills on about 45 acres.

As I type, various bird songs can be heard and looking out my window I see my large garden and more hills in the distance. Dainty shadows are cast on the lawn as the sunlight peeks through the leaves on the trees and the water in the pond gentle ripples as the fish swim about the water lilies. Yes, this is a place that fuels my creativity.

When I was in my late teens, our family home was destroyed in the Bushfire of 1980, leaving the surrounding Adelaide Hills in a blanket of thick smoke, black tree trunks and a grey ash ground for what seemed to last forever. Thus my craving to use Bright Bold colours in my Art work became even more important.


As an artisan, I tend to approach my work from graphic, abstract and stylized perspectives. I love to make my work Designed to be Noticed. That is how my hobby received its Business name, Jen-e-sais-quo. It is a play on my name and the French word Je-ne-sais-quoi (pronounced ‘je-ner-say-qua’) which means "an indescribable attractive attribute or quality"; "a certain something."

I enjoy having total control over the colours and shapes, particularly in my making my beads and jewellery. To produce Wearable Art is great but to be able to produce the Wearable Art, having MADE your own beads is very rewarding and satisfying.

I love what I do and as a result I offer Ceramic and Glass Classes. It is such a thrill to give others a chance to experience and explore these creative activities for themselves.


And for people who are unable to attend one of my classes, I have Ceramic Beads that can be posted anywhere, so they can painted to make something uniquely theirs.
              
Want to see more dear readers ?

You can explore and indulge in the Items For Sale here :  http://facebook.com/ArtbyJenG - (go to Photos tab under profile picture on Left Hand Side)

Connect on Facebook here : http://www.facebook.com/ArtbyJenG

Or check out these blogs :

Web :  http://artbyjeng.blogspot.com/

3 comments: