Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Blogtoberfest Day 27 - I see Red

Hello lovely readers - today's Blogtoberfest Post is entitled I See Red. It seems, looking around our home, that I seem to be drawn to a lot of bits and pieces that are red in colour.


I have just purchased a new pair of suede shoes for work - no surprise, they are red. I also recently purchased a small teapot, the most appealing colour that was on the shelf in that range was red.


I thought I may do a little research in relation to the colour Red and what this might mean, as to why I am so drawn to this hue.

I found that :

Red is a bright, warm color that evokes strong emotions. Red is associated with love, warmth, and comfort. Red is also considered an intense, or even angry, color that creates feelings of excitement or intensity.
http://psychology.about.com/od/sensationandperception/a/color_red.htm

Red is also used as a symbol of guilt, sin, passion and anger, courage and sacrifice, warning, or to represent fire. The colour red comes in many forms such as Candy Apple Red, Ruby Red or Crimson.

Red is the warmest of all colors. Red is the color most chosen by extroverts and one of the top picks of males. On the negative side red can mean temper or anger. In China, red is the color of prosperity and joy. Brides wear red and front doors are often painted red. Red is Tuesday's color. Red roses symbolize passionate love. Ruby rings should be worn on the left hand. Red is the color of Mars. This planet is known as the God of War. Red is associated with fiery heat and warmth. It can also mean danger (burning). Red is the color of blood, and as such has strong symbolism as life and vitality. It brings focus to the essence of life and living with emphasis on survival. Red is also the color of passion and lust.

Put some red in your life when you want:
increased enthusiasm and interest, more energy, action and confidence to go after your dreams, protection from fears and anxieties
http://crystal-cure.com/red.html

So it all starts to make a little sense to me, as to why this is such an attractive colour to me.

Do you have a colour that you are inexplicably drawn to ?

To finish off today's blogpost, I thought I would share a song with you by an Australian band called Little Red - check out their website here :  http://www.littleredmusic.com/
I fell in love with this band through this song, it has such an infectious beat. This song was from their unsigned Triple J Unearthed days http://www.triplejunearthed.com/LittleRed. I hope you love it too, see you all tomorrow for Blogtoberfest Day 28 xo


No comments:

Post a Comment