Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Blogtoberfest Day 25 - Parklife

Day 25 of Blogtoberfest is upon me dear readers. Today's post is based around the theme Park Life. Inspired mainly by a song of the same name which I shall get to later. While working on this blogpost, I stumbled across the most amazing tiny things including a minature park which is one of the cutest things I have ever seen !

Made by a garden to treasure - based in Simi Valley, CA. This particular item is called "A Walk in the Park" and is described below :

"All items are hand made by my wife and me and secured in a 4” Plexiglas half dome. This miniature landscape looks beautiful displayed on a mantle, a shelf, or on your desk. They make wonderful gifts, especially for that special someone who already has "everything".

All photographs are taken with the dome removed. Doing so, allows for the camera to capture the detail better and prevents the glare of the lights to reflect and ruin the photographs. Once photographs are taken, the dome is placed on top and secured in place.These miniature gardens do not need to be watered and require no care other than occasionally dusting the plexi dome (and any wooden base) with a feather duster or a soft moist cloth."

Seriously amazing don't you agree ? A whole park that you can hold in the palm of your hand, a total size of 4 inches in diameter ! 
Walk in the Park - A Miniature Terrarium Garden - 4" diameter
 http://www.etsy.com/shop/agardentotreasure
and while searching miniature picnic things, I found this supercute Picnic in the Grass Long Necklace by DinaFragola 
Picnic in the grass Long necklace Gothic Lolita
http://www.etsy.com/shop/DinaFragola
and this adorable Dolls House Miniatures Picnic Basket Set by Little House at the Priory.
DOLLS HOUSE MINIATURES - PICNIC BASKET SET
http://www.etsy.com/shop/LittleHouseAtPriory
And now back to that song I mentioned - one of my fave bands Blur with their song Parklife.

This particular song came from the album of the same name which is described as

"British pop's defining record of the 1990's, Parklife became park of the national consciousness, English vocabulary and was the first of five consecutive Number 1 Albums for Blur. Produced by Stephen Street, the album continued the lyrical themes of its predecessor, but stylistically reaching further afield featuring torch song balladry, instrumental waltzes, disco and angular new wave. Parklife garnered Blur two top ten singles, four Brit Awards and Classic Album Status"

You can find more info on Blur here : http://blur.co.uk/ See you all tomorrow lovely readers for Blogtoberfest Day 26 xo

No comments:

Post a Comment