Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Monday, October 24, 2011

Blogtoberfest Day 24 - Think Pink

Welcome dear readers to Blogtoberfest Day 24. Today I wish to share a rather sobering topic for a Monday morning....October 24th 2011 is Pink Ribbon Day in Australia. What is Pink Ribbon Day I hear you ask ?


"The Cancer Council's Pink Ribbon Day aims to raise awareness about breast cancer as well as raise funds for prevention programs, support services and world-class breast research. This year alone around 12,700 Australian women will be diagnosed with breast cancer."

You can find out more about Pink Ribbon Day or make a donation at the Pink Ribbon Website :  http://www.pinkribbonday.com.au/

In keeping with the Think Pink theme for Pink Ribbon Day I thought I would share a couple of sweet girly Pink things from various DUST team members that I have found while browsing Etsy. 

Slip dress..pink satin..cream lace..bridal.prom
Slip dress..pink satin..cream lace by laceandluxuries
SALE Annabelle Necklace, Pink Swarovski Crystal, Glass Pearl, Wedding Jewelry by dspdavey on Etsy
Annabelle Necklace, Pink Swarovski Crystal, Glass Pearl, by dspdavey
Think Pink Soap - Handmade Cold Process
Think Pink Soap - Handmade Cold Process by innerearthsoaps
Spice of Life Earrings - Vintage Lucite, Rose Swarovski Crystal and Vintaj Brass
Spice of Life Earrings - Vintage Lucite, Rose Swarovski Crystal and Vintaj Brass by michvanetta
Hand dyed Scarf , Silk Habotai Scarf by ScarvesbySally on Etsy  14
Hand dyed Scarf , Silk Habotai Scarf by ScarvesbySally
And of course this blogpost wouldn't be complete with a song - todays choice is Pretty in Pink by the Psychedelic Furs, originally released in 1981 and was re-recorded for the movie Pretty in Pink in 1986. If you would like to read a little more about the Psychadelic Furs you can read this article : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Psychedelic_Furs . See you all tomorrow for Blogtoberfest Day 25 xo


No comments:

Post a Comment