Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Friends - Jen from Juror2 and SteamPunkGarage


This week I would love to introduce an extremely talented and creative etsy seller - Jenifer from Juror2 and SteampunkGarage !

I must admit I do adore Jen's t-shirts and have several in my possession including one in the lovely Goth Dolly design
and I am loving the work that is handcrafted by Jenifer Kirsch and Stan Chiao at Steampunk Garage
and isn't this t-shirt the answer to every child's prayers on why not to eat veggies ?

I will now let Jen tell you her story :

Life is funny. You can plan and plan, but nothing ever turns out
*quite* how you think it will.

In high school, I doodled on my notebooks.
Scribbles on the edges of test papers, scratches on the edges of my desk...
Through four years of college and 52 weeks of culinary school, little stick figures appeared on everything I had enough time to draw on (which was usually the back of my class notes). I remember sitting in class one day drawing a superhero chef when my Chef walked by and leaned over to see what I was doing. She cocked her head and said "I'd totally wear that if it were on a T-shirt."

I bought a video on Craigslist on "How To Silkscreen" and made her a shirt to get some brownie points, and then suddenly my classmates are all ordering their own shirts! So now, I am a certified chef.

I worship my cat. I have no feeling in my left thumb. And what I draw is 80% random thoughts in my head and 20% movies, books, tv, and requests from my roomate.

My name is Jen Kirsch. And I draw stick figures for a living.

In the immortal words of Greg Behrendt:

"You gotta be a weirdo, before you are a hero."

Jenifer Kirsch -Owner and Designer-


Want to see more ? check out these links !

http://www.etsy.com/shop/juror2

http://www.juror2.com/

juror2 on facebook


http://www.etsy.com/shop/SteamPunkGarage
http://www.steampunkgarage.com/

2 comments:

  1. They are the coolest stick figures I have seen - which one is Jen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Del - Jen is sporting the hoodie underneath the bathing beauty ! And yes they are Really Really Cool!

    ReplyDelete